September 17, 2020
Guidelines – Onsite Fall Ministries during COVID-19
Church of the Open Door has been hard at work to fulfill its vision to ignite a passion for God in all people. While we have maintained our onsite services throughout the summer, we intend to resume nursery, children, and youth ministries onsite beginning in September. We will also have a variety of onsite adult classes and meetings. In light of these efforts, here are the pertinent procedures and guidelines we will be following:
- Masks – Masks (or face shields) are strongly encouraged whenever entering, exiting, or moving in the buildings by individuals age 3 or older. Masks are available near our entrances for those who may not have one with them upon entry.
- Social Distancing - When a participant in a service, class, or program reaches the appropriate venue, masks may be removed if social distancing can be maintained (six feet separation). The only exception being the 8:00 AM Sunday Service at the WYC which is a mask always service.
- Children’s Workers – Adults working in the children’s ministries will be required to wear a mask/face shield for the duration of those program hours
- Numbers - We are putting limits on the number of individuals in our children’s ministry classrooms so we can maintain appropriate social distancing and care. Adult programs are not necessarily size-limited, but a larger attendance may result in the wearing of masks throughout the program if social distancing cannot be observed.
- Registration – Several programs will require registration. We ask individuals and families who register for a class/program to let the church know if they decide not to attend so space can be opened for others to participate.
- Health – Individuals and families should be symptom free whenever they enter a church facility. Symptoms may include: fever or chills, cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Becoming Ill - If an individual or family should become symptomatic and/or test positive for COVID-19 within one week of attending onsite at COD, the campus office should be contacted.
- Returning to Church – Individuals or families who have been symptomatic and/or tested positive should not return until released by a physician or by following CDC guidelines.
- Church Communication – individuals who were exposed due to proximity to individuals who have been symptomatic or test positive through attending a class, program, or service will be notified as soon as possible. Confidentiality will be maintained.
- Cleaning Procedures
- Regular Cleaning – the buildings are regularly cleaned and disinfected between service days.
- Classrooms – Classrooms are cleaned and disinfected between programs.
- Services – Worship spaces are disinfected between services.
- School Closures
- Temporary Pause – Should local school districts experience a surge in cases and decide to pause onsite learning, the church will make a case by case decision on which programs, services, or events will be affected. In such cases notification will be broadcast through the church website, app, email and/or social media.