8 Carlisle Court, York, PA US 17408
Service times: Sunday at 8am, 9:30am, and 11am
If you are interested in the Communications Director position below, please submit a cover letter and your resume to Resumes will be accepted through March 12, 2020.
• An evident heart and love for God and the local church, and a desire to provide excellence in church communications.
• Membership at Church of the Open Door (or willingness to become a member).
• A clear understanding of the sensitive and confidential nature of conversations, correspondence, and interactions in a church office.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, an eye for detail and design, and fluency in a Mac or PC environment
• Organized and able to manage multiple projects from beginning to end with focus and initiative.
• Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both inter-personally and corporately, committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses
• Degree in communications, media or related field is preferred, or a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in communications.
Reports to: Senior Associate Pastor
Anticipated work time: Full-time
The Communications Director is responsible for establishing and implementing a singular strategy for all external and internal communications of Church of the Open Door. This individual will oversee the production of all media resources (i.e., print, interactive, social media). The Communications Director will work with the pastoral staff and other staff members to manage the content of church communications.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Communications Leadership
a. Assist the church leadership in communicating and reinforcing the COD mission, vision and core values
b. Collaborate with staff and ministry leaders to understand communication needs
c. Serve as liaison between ministry leaders and staff regarding communications needs.
d. Develop and implement a communications strategy that enables staff and ministry leaders to effectively and consistently communicate within a multisite context including the development of feedback loops and evaluation
e. Develop systems to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items, teaching series, big events and other campaigns assigned
f. Oversee all written materials related to promotions (including, but not limited to, annual reports, mission conference brochure, ministry guides, bulletins, newsletters, etc.)
g. Develop the communications budget and monitor expenditures
2. Web/Social Media
a. Lead all efforts related to the creation, development, and maintenance of church website—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) are posted regularly
b. Oversee ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies
c. Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
3. Design and Brand Management
a. Oversee the design and production of all art, graphics, and promotional materials by staff, volunteers, and outside vendors with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness
b. Visual aspects of COD media, in conjunction with the Worship Arts Director (PowerPoint, ProPresenter, etc.)
c. Monitor the look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing the church
d. Oversee the use of logos and images that represent the church
4. Media Relations
a. Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention
b. Develop policy and procedures related to media relations
5. Other Duties as Assigned