Our Church exists...
To ignite a passion for knowing God in all people that through Christ, they may pursue Him with all their being.
Connect: We encourage everyone to build intentional relationships with others in the body to provide care, accountability, and encouragement. We offer various ministries to accomplish this goal.
Worship: We seek to worship together in a way that is grounded in spirit and truth, culturally relevant and appropriate. We encourage freedom, sincerity of expression and active participation in our services. You will find us enthusiastic to worship the Lord.
Grow: Our commitment is to help people grow from where they are to where God wants them to be. This happens in a variety of ways, including Biblical teaching, authentic relationships, and mutual accountability.
Reach: We teach and seek to model a biblical understanding of our responsibility to not yet believers in our community and around the world. We partner with many local ministries and international workers to get the message of the Gospel to all people.
Our Core Values
- The Word of God: we will preach it, teach it and live it to the best of our ability.
- The priority and practice of prayer: we will be passionate about seeking God's presence as a major part of our strategy in accomplishing God's work, expressing dependence upon God's mighty power in our lives and ministry.
- People: we will be committed to the uncommitted, passionately reaching out with the love and Gospel of God to our city and the world. We will also pursue love in our interactions with each other.
- Excellence and Relevance: We will be flexible and open to changing our methodology, and will pursue optimum quality, in order to apply God's truth to the contemporary problems people face.
- Family: We will provide specific opportunities to strengthen marriages, homes and individuals.
- Growth and Change in a Believer's Life: We will challenge every believer to grow and change into conformity to Jesus.
- Wise Stewardship: We will teach generous, cheerful giving and practice wise management of our resources and facilities.
- Ministry and Service: We will help people understand their spiritual gifts and find their place on God's team of service.
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and adult ministries
OUR UNIQUE DNA
- A steadfast commitment to the Word of God. We are a Word-oriented church, we teach it and seek to practice it in our decisions. This is what makes COD what it is in York County.
- The Gospel and Missions. Nearly from our inception, praying - sending - going has been in our blood. We believe the Gospel changes lives and the Great Commission is to be taken seriously, both here and abroad.
- Ministry to families, children and teens, passing the faith onto the next generation. We are passionate about our children, and that is reflected with a "family feel" in our church.
- Prayer dependent. We speak a lot about this, and practice it in many ways. We strive to take steps to really embrace this with our actions, church-wide.
- Strong lay involvement and shared leadership between pastors, elders and ministry leaders. We are continually striving for good balance, to communicate clearly to each other, and work hand in hand.
- Culture of acceptance. Though we call people to move from where they are to where God wants them to be, we recognize that as sinful beings we'll not always hit the mark. Therefore, we accept all who come to us, with whatever issues they might have, and join them at the foot of the cross.
- Multi-generational. We are certainly unique in that we are a church where all the generations are strongly represented. This is a wonderful thing, and it also presents challenges.
- Large church with a small feel. Though we are a church of 1500, our smaller service size of roughly 400 creates a smaller church feel, and enables more effective connection.